Dental Care

We are here to help keep your pet’s mouth healthy.


Professional Pet Dental Care

Your pet’s dental health is an important factor when it comes to their general well-being. Oral health and disease directly affect your pet’s heart and kidneys because the mouth is the largest and easiest gateway for blood-borne bacterial infections to enter the body. The AVMA reports that 80% of pets have a significant dental disease by the age of three. Dental health is so much more than just bad breath. Is your pet part of the other 20%?

Symptoms of Dental Disease

  • Bad breath
  • Red inflamed gums
  • Rubbing or pawing at the face
  • Abnormal or bloody discharge from the mouth or nose
  • Swelling below the eye
  • Tartar or plaque formation
  • Changes in eating habits

How to Care for Your Pet’s Dental Health

Preventative products for your pet’s oral health are available and may be recommended at East Lawn Animal Hospital. None of these treatments eliminate the need for an oral evaluation. Oral evaluations and recommendations are included in your pet’s yearly exam!

Your pet will benefit greatly from periodic teeth cleaning and polishing using our ultrasonic cleaner under general anesthesia. January & February of each year are our Dental Awareness Months. Schedule your pet to have their teeth cleaned during these months and receive 10% off!